How Often Should I Wash My Dog's Bed?
One of the easiest ways to make sure that your dog’s bed stays clean is by washing it regularly.
PetMD recommend washing your dog's bed weekly, however, you should also consider your pet’s activity level, how much they shed, the amount of time they spend outdoors and if they (or you) have allergies. If those factors are high, you may want to increase the number of washings to twice a week.
Dogs are perfect at bringing love and tail wags to any room—but they’re also very good at bringing in mud and dirt from outside inside, including into their beds. Dog beds that are left unwashed can become smelly and can also play host to all sorts of harmful bacteria and fleas.
How Do I Wash My Dog Bed?
The easiest dog beds to wash regularly are those with removable covers. Like our Darren and Phillip Pawsome Pals Dog Bed.
- Before washing, vacuum your dog bed to get rid of any excess dirt or fur.
- It is recommended to wash your dog bed cover using detergent that is listed as pet-safe or that is otherwise gentle and free from fragrances or dyes. Your detergent should be mild and not have ingredients likely to cause an allergic reaction in your pet. You can also add an extra rinse to your washing cycle for pets with sensitive skin.
- If the bed cover has stains, you will want to pretreat them before putting it in the washing machine, to help prevent the stains from becoming set-in. You can use a mild stain remover or laundry detergent before washing the cover.
- Air dry the bed or put it in the dryer at a low heat – do not use dryer sheets.
- Clean the machine of any lingering dirt or pet hair by running the washer on empty with one cup of vinegar.
How To Make Sure My Dog's Bed Stays Clean.
- Wash/wipe your dog’s paws when they come in from outside.
- Vacuum or shake outside regularly.
- Place the bed in direct sunlight to kill off bacteria.
- Wash the bed in a 1:1 mix of water and apple cider vinegar to prevent fleas.
What We Love About the Pawsome Pals Dog Bed.
- Both the cushion cover and the main bed cover are removable for easy washing.
- Fabric is quick drying.
- Provides a cosy and secure place for your dog to snuggle.
- Stylish design that will compliment any home interior.
Leave a comment