Easter is next weekend so why not make something special for your fur-baby!?
The team at Darren and Phillip created a special Easter cookie recipe for dogs so that your doggo can to enjoy a little treat on Easter as well.
We had so much fun making these, lots of trial and error, lots of laughs and LOTS of drool.
What you’ll need:
For the Cookies
1 tablespoon of peanut butter (be sure it is dog safe!)
3.5 cups wholemeal self raising flour
1 tablespoon of Greek yoghurt
1 teaspoon of chia seeds
1/3 cup of boiled pumpkin
1/4 cup of blueberries
For the Icing
Little bit of Greek yoghurt
Little bit of honey
- Boil the pumpkin
- Preheat oven to 180°c
- Mash pumpkin and blue berries together
- Add in the Greek yoghurt, peanut butter, chia seeds and flour
- Mix together
- Add in the 2 eggs
- Mix again, using your hands might make it easier!
- Dust your rolling surface and knead the cookie batter a little before starting to flatten it out with the rolling pin, about 1 cm thickness is good
- Let doggo lick spatula or spoon
- Get your cookie cutters and go for it! Cut, cut, cut! 🍪
- Lay the cookies down on a baking tray with baking paper
- Pop them in the oven for about 17 mins or until golden brown
- Take them out and let cool for about 10 minutes
Time to mix your preferred icing colours! 🌈
(Check the food dye is dog safe and be careful not to stain anything like bench tops!)
- Mix equal parts water and corn-starch (eg tablespoon of corn-starch, tablespoon of water) to your desired amount of icing, with a tiny drop of food colouring and a drizzle of honey just for flavour
- This might seem like a strange clumpy texture, we added little bits of Greek yoghurt gradually to make mixing it a bit easier, or if it is too runny then gradually add tiny bits of corn starch to harden again
- We found dipping the cookies face first into the icing much easier than spooning it on!
- Once base icing layer is on, pop cookies on a tray and into the freezer for 5 minutes, this sets the icing so the colours don’t blend!
- Add a tiny bit more water to your left over icing (if needed) and drizzle it over the now set cookies
- Then be ready to feed the cookies to your fur babies!
You bet that Dazzle and Philly taste tested to ensure 10/10 yumminess!
Be sure to share your Easter cookies on Instagram and tag @darrenandphillip so that we can see them!
Here are some of the Darren and Phillip staff’s dogs taste testing too, no crumbs survived.